Why Our Pub is Great
As of May 2019, we have officially changed our name from The Bear to the Deers Rest in line with our great new look and fantastic new menu! The Deers Rest in Romford has bags of character and offers delicious food and drink! The pub is of late 17th century origin and was renamed from The Goat to The Bear in 1715. In the 1960s, the pub was well known for the bear it had kept in a cage in their beer garden!
If you need somewhere to relax with hearty food and great drinks during the week, look no further. Lunch Club is the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends, while our delicious roasts will have you asking for seconds. Your little ones can also build their own meals with our children's menu that is filled with lots of tasty and healthy children's favourites.
Once the kids leave at 8pm, it's time to get the party started! Order a bottle of prosecco or a variety of exotic cocktails to help you get into the weekend spirit.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Deer's Rest very soon!
Our Pub Facilities
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our Food
When it comes to tasty food for all to enjoy we've got you covered!
We offer seasonal menus with vibrant, refreshing summer salads to enjoy on hot summer’s days, or comforting, warm dishes to keep out the cold weather.
Regular favourites such as burgers, steaks and fish and chips are available all year round. For the kids, our ‘Little Monsters’ menu has plenty on offer to tempt even the fussiest of young eaters.
If you enjoy a roast at the weekend, check out our Sunday lunch menu with a choice of meats with roast potatoes and all the trimmings. For those who like their food a bit spicy, our regular curry nights every week are a must.
Special occasions such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mothers’ Day are all well catered for, with dedicated menus designed for each.
Contact our friendly team of staff who will be happy to tell you about what’s on offer and to book your table.View our Menus